Books 4 Buddies Salutes hometown hero, Erik Kynard, 2012 & 2016 Olympic medalist high-jumper, at the McMasters Auditorium, located in the Toledo Lucas County Public Library.
Tickets: $20/adults and $10/kids up to 18.
For more information, download the PDF flier here.
(Released May 12, 2015) - The Toledo Lucas County Public Library is pleased to join Books 4 Buddies as they kick-off its summer EXERCISE YOUR MIND program scheduled from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 18 in the Macy's® court of Franklin Park Mall, 5001 Monroe St. This is a FREE event and open to the public.
Books 4 Buddies is represented by a diverse group of 25 male teen ambassadors from area public and private high schools who spend their summer months out in the community collecting and gifting books to children and young adults - with a specific focus on reaching boys - some of whom have limited access to leisure reading material.
At the kick-off event, participants are asked to bring new or gently-used books for youth and deposit them at the book drop-off at The Blade truck located on event day in Franklin Park Mall's Southeast parking area (off Sylvania Avenue). Tom Cole, a BCSN Personality, will serve as the event MC.
- This FREE, fun, family event features an exciting line-up of local celebrities:
- Tom Cole - EMCEE
- Muddy the MudHen
- Dennis Hopson, retired National Basketball Association player/all-time men's career points record holder as a former basketball player for The Ohio State University
- Dr. Romules Durant, Toledo Public Schools Superintendent
- David McMurray, Principal Sylvania Southview
- Michael Sheehy, State Representative
- Don Emmons, Blade Sports Reporter
- Bridgette Burnett, Ch. 13 Reporter
- Diana Patton, Esq./Author
- Stu Goldberg, guitarist and Magician
- Michael Marsh, CEO, Fair Housing
- Eric Page, former athlete, Coach Springfield HS, youth trainer
Books 4 Buddies was founded in 2012 by Toledo native Toure McCord and his grandmother Laneta Goings. The organization collects new and gently-used books for disadvantaged children and young adults. Since its inception, Books 4 Buddies has donated more than 30,000 books to readers in Northwest Ohio and beyond.
For more information and to get involved with Books 4 Buddies visit www.books4buddies.com.
What Does It Take To Be A Successful College Athlete? What does the National Collegiate Athletic Association Expect?
FREE to the families with children in 7th-11th grade